Friday, March 23, 2007

The Writer's Curse

It's not easy being a writer. I marvel at how some people can just say what they want to say--no problem, no hesitation. I wish I could be like that. There are so many times where I wish I could just say what I wanted to say--right then and there--and not have to resort to a computer keyboard or a pen to say it. It's not fun. It's not nice. It's not attractive. And yet, there are things that just need to be said in any way, shape or form that you can communicate them.

Today, I wrote something that wasn't easy for me to write. At all. In fact, it broke my heart to write it, because I never thought it would get to the point where I needed to say it.

While honesty truly is the best policy, sometimes, the truth just really fucking hurts.

And it hurts everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

write as if you were drunk and needed to pee, like in a parking lot for example

Anonymous said...

Hal,
I love your blogs, don't cut yourself down. It's nice to see someone write intelligent words of their neurosis. If only I wrote everything that I wanted to. I tend to be talented in words but not writing. (You win some, you lose some, right?)

The M

Pnina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEPHEW
ap