Thursday, May 3, 2007

This Is The Life....

I know this is very out-of-left-field, but here goes...

It was brought to my attention, this morning, that a very close friend of mine who has been ailing for the last few months has now taken a dramatic turn for the worse and has about two weeks left to live. With that in mind, I just want to take this time to say something to all of you--random readers, family, friends...wherever you come from, wherever you're going to...

And what I want to say, I know, is going to come across, for many, as sappy, preachy, cliché and even condescending to some cynical naysayers out there (it is what you make of it, I guess)...but I want to say it anyway because everyone--myself, included--needs to hear it every now and again...

No matter how depressing it gets, no matter how unsuccessful you feel you are, no matter how lonely you may be, no matter how hopeless everything seems...

Don't ever, ever, ever wish your life away.

It's a one-time thing. There will never be another you. We are so very fortunate to be alive and to have the genuine blessing of a Next Day. Treat each and every single one as if it were a gift, a fresh start, a new opportunity to be who you want to be, to do what you want to do.

Treacle? Perhaps.

But can you honestly tell me that I'm wrong?

2 comments:

Destamona said...

Preach on brother.....too many of us are caught up in the whoa is me. Everyone could use a reminder every now and then.

Courtney said...

I enjoy life :) By the way thanks for reading :D