Saturday, May 19, 2007

Exiting Stage Left!!!!!!!!

I am so very tired of drama, this year. I've had it.

That's it!!!

I am not interested in you for a number of reasons; one of them being that you are my best friend's ex. Another reason is that you are my FRIEND!!! I don't know how many more times I can stress this. It is never, ever going to happen. I am simply not into you like that. I'm really not trying to be a dick, here!! Though, I'm sure that's how I will probably come across.

Look, I know this is harsh and it sucks that it has come to this point, but I feel that I've been pushed to the breaking point. And yeah, maybe it's my fault for thinking we could move past this by pretending it doesn't exist. Perhaps it was foolish of me to think such a thing. Maybe I'm partly to blame for this because I kept inviting you over for dinner and/or just to chill out. If I led you on in some way, shape, or form then I am truly sorry. Maybe you're right and that we should take some time apart for a while. Know this, though: I DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!!!!

We are all adults here!! For the sake of my sanity and our decade-spanning friendship, please, end this now!!

Moving on...

I'm done with certain friends of mine who bitch and moan when they make stupid-ass decisions like giving their dirt bag boyfriends hundreds of dollars or taking back the same boyfriend, even after they throw them across rooms in front of their children. I'm tired of having to be the good guy all the time, dropping everything (including answering the phone at a fancy restaurant while I was on my trip to Minneapolis!!) for said gal pal so she can bend my ear and tell me how stupid she is and how horrible her life is. What I'm really fucking annoyed with, though, is (even after all of the above-mentioned stuff) getting bitch-slapped in the face for letting it slip to a mutual friend who happens to share my hatred of her boyfriend that she was back with him. I hate being threatened that she'll never forgive me if said mutual friend calls up her mom and informs her that she's dating Mr. Asshole again.

Hmmm...here's a tip, darlin': If you've gotta keep who your dating a secret, then maybe that should be taken, in of itself, as a sign.

At this time, she and I are no longer on speaking terms. Why? Because I told her exactly what I just wrote in the above paragraph. As I've mentioned in previous blogs, the truth hurts.

And finally...

To you: Stop apologizing for what you write about me. If you write it, then surely you mean it and you're being honest. You shouldn't have it any other way. The way I see it is this: It's been over a month since there's been any one-on-one contact. I kind of thought we were passed this. Yeah, sure, I still read your blog--ya got me there!--but I read everyones' shit.
It's all the same to me. I get bored at work and that's what I do. If you wanna talk negatively about me in your writing, that's absolutely fine!! That's your right. But puh-LEASE, stop apologizing about it later on, under the wrong-headed impression that I'm still on my "favorite barstool," crying in my beer about losing you. It hurt for a while. I'm over it. [Blogger's Note: As for music having that effect on you, from one person to another, I think that's a good thing. Music should do that. It means we're human and that we feel.]

Ok...breathe in...breathe out...

From here on in, I am going to do my damnedest to avoid drama as if it were a hooker in Thailand. I'm done worrying about crushes. No more abusive ex-/current boyfriends of platonic (soon to be former) gal pals. Flame on? Flame off!!

As Rufus recently sang on his latest album, I've got a life to lead.

On another note, I'm sick of having to avoid writing about problems or gripes because it's going to hurt peoples' feelings. I'm tired of not being able to write about my issues, my wants, my needs anymore because too many eyes read this and certain pussy-ass douchebags who write under the cloak of Anonymous have some beef with me. It's a BLOG for chrissakes, people!! Deal with it!! More importantly, it's my blog!!


This is Neurotica. And I'm takin' it back, even if it kills me.