Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Gushing Sentiments

I never thought I'd say this, but lately, I feel just like Matthew McConaughy...and not just because of my bronzed, hairless, Adonis-like physique.

HA! I kid! I kid!

No, I feel like the character he played in "Dazed & Confused," Wooderson. You know, the old guy hangin' out with the young'ns. See, I have this brand new crew of friends and I'm, like, the geriatric of the group. The oldest one is 20, making them seven years younger than all of them.

Here's the thing, though, what they may not have in years, they make up for it in brains, gut-wrenching humor and, above all things, heart. I wish I had such a closely-knit group of friends back in the day, high school and such. Oh, don't get me wrong, I had a great group of friends in high school (we have since, for the most part, disbanded) and a few while in college (Kevin, Justin, Sharon). One of them is probably reading this as we speak (Yes, Crysi Dawn...that would be you, dear. We sure go back a loooooong ways, don't we?! HOLLA!!!). And yes, there will always be the three amigos (Matteo, Justin and I).

Never, though, have I have had or seen a group--a large group for that matter--of friends so fiercely loyal to one another than the crew I've been hanging out with, lately. Even when there's drama, even when they're ribbing each other, their love for one another radiates throughout the room. You can feel it. And I am a lucky guy to have been so wholeheartedly embraced by them.

So, to Erik, Andy, Steph, Joel, Jeremy and Mutton Chops (okay...Joe, too)...

I'm really grateful to have all of you in my lives. I love you guys to death. Pure and simple. You're unique in all the best ways.

Never change. Not a one of you.

Okay, my girlish, emotional moment is over.

Now, where did I put that damn penis?!

1 comment:

-Erik- said...

I love you so much Hal. I mean it. I think that you are going to be a valuable addition to the group. You never change either man.