Tuesday, May 20, 2008

At Last...

I never thought I'd hear those three words again. You know the ones I'm talking about.

And then, it happened. And at first, for a few moments, I was scared of the implications those words had, the power. I said something like, you don't mean that. Maybe it's not a good idea to throw such strong words around.

But as the evening progressed and I looked into your eyes, I knew you meant it. I could see it--that intensity, that electricity that comes with knowing something in your bones. And it was then that I realized that I felt the same way. I just needed to not be so afraid and take the plunge.

Here's the thing, I've been there and back again in the five years since you and I first spoke to each other and eventually parted ways (by my own idiotic doing--I'll never forgive myself). I've done the drugs and partied hearty. I've met one or two girls in my life that I thought had real potential but eventually fucked me over.

But what I finally realize is this: All that time, I was just waiting for you to find me again. And you did. You scoured the Internet for me. You searched and you searched and you searched. And you did it.

You came back to me.

I wish I hadn't been such an idiot all those years ago. I must have been so out of it, I don't even remember calling you to tell you that I was no longer interested. I didn't realize how much it hurt you. I don't know what I did to deserve such a lovely woman like you re-enter my life, give me a second chance or why I stuck in your head or why you would search me out again, but I am blessed that you did, because you are my angel. And if this all works out, this thing we have, I will dedicate the rest of my life to making it up to you, making you happy.

This weekend was magical, sweetheart.

I know now that you are the girl I've been waiting for. Like you, I know it in my heart. And while I have been wrong before, this seems completely different. Besides, I have to believe that there is a reason we found each other again after so long. I don't think I've been so completely happy in a long time. You should see the dopey grin that's been on my face, the past two days. Ear to ear. I think about you and my heart rate goes up and I just get warm all over. I absolutely melt.

I had a feeling that, from the moment we stepped onto that escalator going down at the airport that we truly were the two peas in a pod that we had spoken about on the phone, online. The zoo trip confirmed my thoughts and by the time we hiked up that god-awful, gigantic hill, causing me to nearly pass out from exhaustion, if not dehydration, I knew it.

I had fallen for you. You had me under your spell. By the time we danced, I realized that this could be the beginning of Something Great. Far greater than anything I've ever been a part of. We didn't just have chemistry, we had passion! Something that I think both of us have lacked for quite a long time.

And it was spectacular!!

Knowing how both of us feels, and after all that's been said and done, the next little while, we're going to have to work harder than we've ever had to work to claw our way out of the giant holes we've been stuck in for so long, dug by ourselves. I believe we can do it because I believe in you and me. We've come this far. Now, it's all about learning to push forward a little further in order to start an amazing, exciting life with each other (and a certain peedle!!), rather than the one we're both been merely content and/or bored with.

And I know it will be worth it.

Because I have to believe and have faith that good things come to those who wait. And angel, I've been waiting for someone like you all of my life. You are beautiful, smart, sexy, funny, sincere and genuine. So, when you say those three words, how can I not respond with anything but the following...??

I love you, too.

Absolutely, positively, without a shadow of a doubt.

2 comments:

-Erik- said...

Hal, I'm happy and proud of you. You are a good man. (And so is bruce)

-Erik- said...

I know you had a really bad day but know this: you are loved. I know that doesn't really help right now. I've been told that too adn I"m like cool but whatever. It isn't until later that the idea really settles in. You have a new group of friends, but mostly me, that loves you to death. I'm going to be your friend for ever. I love you sir and I know that you will find better. I know you are saying, "FUCK YOU, SHE WAS PERFECT" in your mind right now, but it isn't true. If she was perfect, she would have stayed. You didn't fuck this up at all and remember that. You are going to find your princess/knight in shinning armor and it's going to be beautiful. We just have to wait. But the best things in life are worth waiting for. At least we can wait together.


In the great words of Billy Joel, "They were sharing a drink they called loneliness. It's better than drinking alone."

I'm always there to drink the sad drink and ride the carnival ride of sadness with you sir. I'm always going to be here. Even if you move and I move, I'll be there.

Think about that and if you get sad about this or anything else. Call me and we'll cry about it okay?


<3