Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Silent City

Alright, people! It's time for another shameless plug!!

Just as I did for my boy and former Pulpster, Kyle Koliha (a.k.a. Two Chord Truth), I want to put the word out on the street (er, highway?) that there's another Pulp alumnus whose star is on the rise: Kid's name is Matt Goodlett. He's a really cool, sharp, funny guy and one helluva talented writer.

Like me, Matty started out as an intern at The Omaha Pulp (* sigh *), working on the local events calendar, before rising up to become the Art Editor, covering theatrical productions and art exhibits. Since Pulp's demise, he has written for such fine local publications as The Omaha Reader and The Omaha City Weekly.

I knew this kid would go places. Though, not necessarily before me--BRAT!!--but still...

I kid, I kid.

Anyway, getting to the point--and I do have one!!--as of somewhat recently, Matt has started a literary/art magazine here in town that called Silent City. It's still a baby, at this point, but it's an absolutely fabulous publication! There are tons of great essays (Katie Wudel's brilliant "Generation WTF" will leave those who suffer from the college version of Postpartum Depression hugging themselves, rocking back and forth and laughing, all at the same time) interviews and articles in it, not to mention some startlingly beautiful, haunting artwork.

Pick up the latest copy and spread the word!!

No comments: