Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Grr. Argh.

Wow! What perfect timing!!

Who would have guessed that on the very same weekend the amazing new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight," debuted to groundbreaking records, that my very own Two-Face would emerge?!

Through the grapevine, I found out that, apparently, one of my "friends" thinks that I am a "pussy" whose problems/issues aren't valid.

Look, I am a very emotional person; sometimes, yes, to my own detriment.

This is not news.

I am not mad that you think that I'm a pussy, sir. No, what I am mad at is that I have never done anything but offer my friendship to you, listen to you when you needed an ear after your women done you wrong for the gazillionth time, and give you a hug when you looked like you needed one. What I am mad at is that before I found out that you called me that name, we bumped into each other and smiled at me, talked to me like I was your bosom buddy.

And then you turn around and degrade me, make me feel like a piece of shit because you're feeling sorry for yourself. Cry me a fucking river, dude! We've all got our problems.

I am who I am. I am one of the most emotional, high-maintenance, neurotic people people you will ever meet in your lifetime. I can be an absolute handful. No doubt about it.

But here's what I'm finally starting to realize about myself, after all these years, despite whatever mistakes I've made in the past...

Most of the time, I'm a pretty awesome person and a damn good friend.

Fuck you if you can't look past your own issues to see that.

You're the one who's missing out.

2 comments:

-Erik- said...

I just read like six of your posts.

This is the one in reference to the forgive and forget one about yourself worrying.

If you spend all your time regretting past times, you will regret the present too. Let yourself live and forgive yourself. Your parents have, most of your friends have, why can't you? You are a great guy (as the post I'm commenting on right now said). If you don't let yourself move on, then it's your loss.

Cut your past away from you and move on. It's the only way you can live a happy life.

-Erik- said...

Also, AIDS.

You should talk to Joel. Maybe invite him tonight. I can go do my own thing for a while if you need.