Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dancing Queen

"I'm here to dance, not pick up the ladies."
--
Evan "The Aviator" Drinkall

I'm not a great dancer.

Anyone can (and will...if you ask) tell you that. However, what I lack in "da skills" department, I think most people would agree that I make up for with "da enthusiasm."

So, I always find myself fairly bemused when I'm dancing all by myself--just the way I like it, thank you very much!!--on the dance floor and these beautiful women will come up to me and start grinding their pelvises in my face (or lower, which, ya know, in that case, go ME!!) as if they think they're doing me this grand favor by dancing with me.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm flattered that they've singled me out (well, kinda-sorta) Sometimes, I just wanna say, "back away, ladies!! This boy's his own dance partner!! Now, off ya go!! Daddy's gotta dance to the beat of the the rhythm of the night!!"

Other times, I'm just completely, utterly annoyed, because there's always going to be that group of snotty bitches that look at me as I dance on a platform, look at each other and giggle and whisper. And then they have that look on their faces. You know, the why is he up there? look

To this, I have one and only one response...

Why not?

Gimme that night fever, night fever.

I know how to show it.

No comments: