Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Shelter From The Storm

No, this blog is not becoming a G-dfest.

But I just want to write that, despite what I wrote about G-d being lame when it comes to the bringing The Funny, I also believe He/She/It is a compassionate G-d, who listens to our prayers with an open heart.

For further proof of this, all you need to do is look at Gustav (lame fucking name for a storm, by the way, if you ask me. Why the hell don't they give these storms a bad ass name, Gordon, Garcia or, oooooh, Guster!!! Forget Hannah, man!! How about--and I'm just throwin' it out there--Hal?). We prayed and he most certainly listened.

This could have been so much worse.

And to whom it may concern, I'm glad everyone is safe and sound.

2 comments:

-Erik- said...

Lots of people prayed for the one last year too. Just putting it out there.

What you wrote on my blog was really good advice. I shall follow it sir.

Anonymous said...

I agree Hal. I think waaaaay more people were praying for this one than Katrina. A lot of people put off Katrina as a small issue.

Get your prayer belts on and pray for the next two hitting the East coast.